When is the market open?

Please see our Visitor Information page for all trading hours including Christmas.


Is the Market open on Public Holidays?

Please check our website closer to the public holiday for trading times.


Where can I find more information about the QVM renewal?

For more information on the QVM renewal project, please visit the Precinct Renewal page.


 Are dogs allowed at QVM?

Dogs are not permitted in the fresh produce areas of the Market including the Dairy Produce Hall, Meat & Fish Hall, Food Court, A Shed, B Shed, H Shed and I Shed with the exception of Guide Dogs for the visually impaired or assistance dogs


What are the rates in the carpark?

The carpark is open daily from 5am – 7pm. For rates and full information see our Visitor Information page.


When are the Night Markets on?

The Summer Night Market will run each Wednesday night from the 21st of November to the 20th of March (excluding the 26th of December). You can find more information at www.thenightmarket.com.au


How do I obtain a refund or exchange an item that I have purchased from the market?

You will need to obtain a refund or organise an exchange with the trader that you purchased the item off directly. If you are not satisfied with the outcome, please contact the Australia Competition and Consumer Commission or Consumer Affairs Victoria on 1300 558 181


How can I become a trader at the day market?

All applications to become a stallholder at the market will need to be submitted via our Become a Trader page. Once the application has been submitted, it takes approximately 6 weeks to review.


How can I become a trader at the night market?

The applications to become a trader at the night market are posted on our website during application times. If applications are open you will find them here. when they are made available.


Can I film or take photographs at the market?

Any filming or photography at the market requires a permit. You can apply and find more information on filming permits here. It usually takes approximately 72 hours for the permit application to be reviewed and approved.


How do I perform at the market?

A permit is required to busk or perform at the market. You can apply and find more information on performing permits here.


I would like a job at the market, are there any vacancies available?

To obtain a job with a stall holder or shop owner, you will need to approach them individually yourself as Queen Victoria Market Pty Ltd does not provide an employment service for any of its tenants.


How can I lodge a complaint?

Complaints can be forwarded via mail or e-mail:

Please address your letter to:
Complaints Department
Queen Victoria Market
PO Box 12415
A’Beckett Street
Melbourne VIC 8006

Please email info@qvm.com.au

Go to Top