Queen Street Toilet Renovations Until Mid-August
The Queen Street toilets will be closed until mid August for cleaning, painting, and the installation of new taps and hand dryers.
Temporary toilets will be located in the car park behind String Bean Alley, approximately 50 metres from the existing toilets. The accessible toilet and baby change facilities will stay open on market days. Other toilet facilities are located at the Food Court or the public toilet block located beside the H and I sheds, at the rear of the Dairy Hall. Refer to market map for details, or see market map below.
The toilet renovations are part of a series of improvements across the market as part of the Queen Victoria Market Precinct Renewal program.
Other improvements to be rolled out over the 2018-19 financial year include will include:
- A maintenance blitz including improvements to pathways, lighting upgrades, drain clearing and painting.
- On-site restoration works to the upper and lower market heritage sheds.
- Elizabeth Street improvements including weather protection, seating, lighting and restoration of the iconic façade.
- New String Bean Alley trading locations with new curated container stall offerings.
- A Shed improvement including pop-up greening and seating.
Thanks for your patience.