Queen Vic Market launches much-anticipated Summer Night Market
Melbourne’s original and favourite Night Market will return to the iconic Queen Victoria Market from Wednesday 21 November 2018 for its biggest summer yet with a huge 17-week season.
Wednesday nights will see the Market’s historic sheds transform into Melbourne’s hottest summer hangout with more than 60 global street food stalls and festival bars, more than 100 specialty fashion, homewares and general merchandise stalls, plus a rotating weekly line-up of live music and entertainment.
Famous for bringing a relaxed summer vibe to Wednesdays in Melbourne, the Summer Night Market has become a mid-week ritual for both locals and visitors.
Enjoy Melbourne’s balmy summer evenings while indulging in a range of heavenly summer-style dishes; everything from sizzling skewers and Japanese sliders, to loukoumades (Greek doughnuts) and French crêpes.
New food and beverage traders for the 2018/19 season include:
• Little Paris – French cheese and sweet crêpes (lemon sugar, salted caramel, chocolate and banana, and strawberry and Nutella).
• Miso Fresh – modern Japanese cuisine (sliders, vegan soba noodles, Japanese fried chicken and yakitori).
• Colombiantojos – traditional Colombian dishes, including arepas and empanadas.
• Pierogi Pierogi – authentic Polish dumplings with vegetarian and vegan options.
• Abruzzo Lab – Italian arrosticini skewers from the Abruzzo region.
• The Garden Bar – featuring Canadian Club & Coldstream Cider, showcasing the CC & Dry and Cider Mojito.
Local Melbourne brewery Brick Lane Brewing Co. will pour two new craft brews, One Love Pale Ale and Base Lager, alongside the usual Brick Lane favourites. Mitchelton winery will be showcasing a PREECE Prosecco Spritz set to sparkle at the Night Market’s PREECE Wine Bar.
The Summer Night Market is set to be Melbourne’s hottest summer playground with visitors able to enjoy a variety of backyard-style games from the giant toybox, including giant Jenga, totem tennis and chess.
SUMMER NIGHT MARKET 2018/2019
Season Dates: Wednesday 21 November 2018 to Wednesday 20 March 2019 (excluding Wednesday 26 December)
Time: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
Where: Queen Victoria Market, corner Queen and Therry Streets, Melbourne
Parking: $15 event parking from 4:30pm – 11:00pm
www.thenightmarket.com.au | @thenightmarket | #thenightmarket