Deliciously Decadent Chocolate Brownie
This mouth-watering chocolate brownie is the ultimate winter pick-me-up.
150g unsalted butter, chopped
250g dark (70%) chocolate, chopped
3 eggs, lightly beaten
250g caster sugar
1/3 cup (50g) plain flour
80g dark (70%) chocolate chips
Cocoa powder, to dust
- Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a 20cm square cake pan and line with baking paper.
- Place the butter and chopped dark chocolate in a heatproof bowl and set over a saucepan of simmering water (don’t let the bowl touch the water). Stir until melted, then set aside to cool.
- Place the egg and sugar in a bowl and whisk for 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Stir in the melted chocolate mixture, then add the flour, chocolate chips and a pinch of salt. Stir to combine, then spread into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a crust forms on top (the brownie will look a little soft, but will firm on cooling). Remove from the oven and allow to cool in pan.
- Remove brownie from pan and cut into 12 squares. Serve with a dollop of cream, a scoop of your favourite ice cream or both. Enjoy!