Summer Market Stir Fry with Watermelon Chestnuts
This is a fast, refreshing recipe that will utilise your watermelon chestnuts and the summer seasonal market harvest.
- 1 tbs peanut oil
- 1 onion
- 1 packet of Asian wheat noodles
- 2 1/2 tbs light soy sauce
- 2 1/2 tbs vegetable stock
- 1 tsp freshly minced garlic
- 1 tsp freshly minced ginger
- 1 cup snow peas
- 1/2 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup watermelon rind, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 1 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 capsicum, julienned (to serve)
- 1/2 cucumber, julienned (to serve)
- 1/2 cup watermelon, chopped into bite sized pieces (to serve)
- Fresh coriander (to serve)
- Following packet instructions for cooking noodles. Rinse under cold running water. Drain, set aside.
- In a wok or large saucepan on medium-high heat, add the peanut oil and onion, cook for 2 minutes or until golden.
- Add the garlic, ginger and snow peas, cooking for 1 minute or until aromatic. Add the bean sprouts, soy sauce and stock. Toss to combine.
Remove from heat and stir in the sesame oil, coriander and all remaining ingredients.
- Stock can be substituted with water.
- Any left over coriander can be easily dried on a window sill in full sun then stored for longer in a jar. Ensure herbs are completely dry before storing, and add some rice grains to the bottom of your jar to prevent moisture from growing.
Recipe by Jessie at Leftover Lovers.