Taste of Portugal Festival
|Detail:||New Date - Sunday 27 June, 9am - 4pm, Queen Street|
The Festival unites all the Portuguese speaking communities, including Portugal, Brazil and East Timor, to celebrate historical ties. There’s so much to enjoy including:
- Portuguese and Brazilian street food and drinks
- Art and photographic exhibitions
- Children’s activities including face painting, drawing competitions, art and craft,
- Handcraft demonstrations
- Latin and samba dance classes
- Diverse entertainment program of music and dance from Portugal, Brazil and East Timor.
This year’s main attractions include:
- Ricardo Madeira who will dazzle with contemporary Portuguese music
- Colourful and lively Portuguese dancers will perform traditional folkloric dance.
- Well-known Brazilian singer and dancer Danny Maia and Mel Samba band will also bring interactive Latin beat and samba lessons
- Spectacular interactive bachata dancing
- Portuguese chorizo making workshop
- Demonstration of how to bake Portuguese custard tarts.