Summer Night Market reveals 2019/2020 food line-up
Melbourne’s original and favourite Summer Night Market is returning to Queen Victoria Market on Wednesday 20 November 2019, bringing an epic and mouth-watering line-up of food and drink, perfect for enjoying summer in the city.
This year, market-goers can indulge in street food from 55 food and beverage stalls, with returning favourites as well as exciting new traders.
New food traders include:
- Casa Nata – showcasing their handmade, traditional Portuguese tarts.
- Mörk Chocolate – offering chilled chocolate drinks and desserts.
- Tasty Suya – bringing delicious African BBQ flavours with their traditional beef suya matched with rice and plantain.
- Kuya’s Simply Pinoy – traditional Filipino and South East Asian cuisine including BBQ chicken inasal on rice, bibingka and sisig lechon (pig on the spit).
- Falafel Arayes – think Israeli falafel pita pockets and meat arayes.
Returning favourites include:
- The Cypriot Kitchen – offering halloumi everything, including halloumi burgers, pita, and even watermelon and halloumi. They’ll also have their famous chicken souvla with halloumi.
- El Rincon – serving up their famous paella.
With a full belly, make your way to the Gin Springs bar – a Palm Springs inspired oasis complete with giant pink flamingos, desert plants and a drinks menu that includes gin cocktails from the Melbourne Gin Company and cider-spiders from Coldstream Cider.
Enjoy an exciting program of live music and entertainment including a night dedicated to local Aussie artists as part of Melbourne Music Week (20 Nov), as well as weekly fun with friends and family at The Night Court pop-up beach volleyball court.
FAST FACTS: 2019/2020 SUMMER NIGHT MARKET
- When: Every Wednesday 20 November 2019 to Wednesday 11 March 2020 (excluding Christmas Day and New Year’s Day)
- Time: 5:00pm – 10:00pm
- Where: Queen Victoria Market, corner Queen and Therry Streets, Melbourne
- Parking: $15 event parking from 4:30pm – 11:00pm
- Price: Free entry and entertainment, with food and drinks available to purchase