In light of the current COVID-19 situation and government advice, we are temporarily closing our Market Discovery Tours.
We will continue to monitor the situation and if we do need to cancel or postpone your tour, we will contact you. If you have any queries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your patience and understanding during this unprecedented time.
Queen Victoria Market provides an essential service to Melburnians, and therefore the Market will remain OPEN to provide fresh food and everyday essentials for the local community.
From 11.59pm on Wednesday 5 August, these areas will remain open during Stage 4 restrictions:
- Meat & Fish Hall – for all your meat and seafood needs.
- Dairy Produce Hall – for smallgoods, cheese, fresh pasta, wine, spices, bread, coffee and specialty foods.
- H&I Sheds – for certified organic produce and products, eggs, honey, fruit & veg.
- A&B Sheds – for fruit & veg, eggs, honey, wine, specialty goods.
- Cafes & Restaurants – serving takeaway meals and coffee only.
From 11.59pm on Wednesday 5 August, these areas will be closed during Stage 4 restrictions:
- Specialty retail on Elizabeth Street, Victoria Street, Therry Street and under the sheds will be temporarily closed.
We continue to work with the relevant government authorities and are taking
necessary precautions to ensure the safety and well-being of our Market community. Read more here.
The Queen Victoria Market plays a vital part of Melbourne’s multicultural history and present-day life.
Located in the heart of the city, it is a place where people from all walks of life gather to experience Melbourne’s fresh food culture, explore the aisles of specialty items, meet friends and enjoy the welcoming community. Most importantly, it is a place where locals come to meet friends and do their day-to-day shopping.
By visiting the Market, students can witness our dynamic and varied society, which spans locally, regionally, nationally and globally. Young people are our future and the Market welcomes all students.
To help plan your school visit, we offer comprehensive Activity Sheets for teachers and guided tours tailored specifically for school groups.