Melbourne Book Market
|Detail:||Saturdays & Sundays until 26 April 2020 from 10am-4pm|
Melbourne Book Market is a curated collection of more than 5,000 new and pre-loved titles selected and presented by 15 of Melbourne’s most experienced booksellers as well as authors, illustrators and book creators.
Peruse literature, history, gardening, travel, art and kids books, plus an array of quality second-hand vinyl records and CDs.
The 15 founding members, along with a changing mix of casual traders, will present approximately 20 pop up stalls at the Melbourne Book Market every Saturday and Sunday.
- Mother Russia – Russian and Soviet literature covering many aspects of culture including, literature, history and art.
Novels, poetry, biographies and rare publications.
- Bygone Books – Rare and collectable vintage books
Including many children’s classics
- Intelligentsia/Andrew Barnes – Books for Thinking Readers; Philosophy, Psychology, Myth & Legend, Marxism, History, Sciences, Occult and Esoterica.
- Sweet Clarity Books – Seller of good quality, hard to find fiction and non-fiction books. Art, travel, cooking and vintage books.
- The Book Nook – Peppa Pig, Lee Childs, Richard Dawkins are a few of the amazing authors to be found in the book collection of the Book Nook.
- Books and Beyond -Alan and Ruth have been booksellers for 30 years. They sell new books at wholesale prices. Their specialty is children’s books, fiction books, boxed sets, activity books and non-fiction.
Other special features include poetry reading, live acoustic music and demonstrations by picture book illustrators.
You can also pop into Books for Cooks and check out their books.
Sue deGennaro is our special guest children’s book author/illustrator on the Books Illustrated stand in February.
Sunday February 16 between 11.00am and 1.00pm.
Sue deGennaro’s picture book, Missing Marvin, published by Scholastic, won the Australian 2019 Children’s Peace Literature Award.
Missing Marvin is a funny and gentle picture book showing how to address bullying and conflict in a peaceful way.
If you would like to get in contact with the Melbourne Book Market, please email email@example.com