Celebrate Christmas in July at Queen Victoria Market
Every Wednesday evening in July, Queen Victoria Market’s iconic Winter Night Market will transform into a winter wonderland for Christmas in July. For five weeks only, those yearning for cool Christmas fun reminiscent of the northern hemisphere can enjoy the best of Melbourne’s street food, drinks and entertainment with a distinctly festive flavour.
Enjoy a real snow machine under the Market’s historic sheds, as well as a mini forest of Christmas trees glistening with decorations at the Queen Street end of the Market. Spiced mulled wine, decadent chocolate Christmas puddings, free children’s art and craft, and the cheery sound of Christmas carollers are just some of the festive delights set to warm up Wednesday nights during Christmas in July.
- Coldstream Brewery – Hot apple cider spiced with cinnamon, cloves and star anise to warm you inside out;
- Brick Lane Brewery – Their classic Red Hoppy Ale will be transformed into a liquid Christmas pudding with a nutmeg, cinnamon, clove, barberry, bergamot and vanilla mixture drizzled throughout the glass;
- Melbourne Cocoa – Exclusive to Christmas in July, Melbourne’s newest artisan chocolate-maker will create non-alcoholic eggnog and bite-sized Christmas puddings coated in 70% dark chocolate;
- Mork Chocolate – Specialty and ethically-sourced hot chocolate including their crowd-favourite Campfire Hot Chocolate;
- Live ice sculpting – Marvel at the live ice carving to reveal a Christmas icon on 10 and 31 July.
- An ugly sweater competition will also run each week sharing on-the-spot Winter Night Market vouchers for those rocking the most festive styles. On 24 July, visitors will be invited to participate in an Ugly Christmas Sweater Catwalk with the winner walking away with $50 Market vouchers and a bottle of bubbles courtesy of Mitchelton Wines.
The Christmas in July cheer will also spread to the Queen Victoria Market during the day with a variety of free Christmas-themed activities for kids during the school holidays on 2, 4, 9 and 11 July in C Shed from 10am-2pm. Bring the kids along and join in the workshops: make your own gingerbread house placemats (2 July), decorate Christmas stockings (4 July), create stand-up gingerbread men decorations (9 July), or craft 3D Christmas trees (11 July).
CHRISTMAS IN JULY AT WINTER NIGHT MARKET 2019
Where: Queen Victoria Market – main event entrance, corner of Queen & Therry St
When: Every Wednesday in July, 5:00pm-10:00pm (whole event season runs until 28 August)
Parking: $15 event parking from 4.30pm–11:00pm
Free entry, food and drinks for purchase
FREE CHRISTMAS IN JULY SCHOOL HOLIDAY WORKSHOPS
Where: C Shed (Peel Street end), Queen Victoria Market, corner of Queen & Therry St
When: 2, 4, 9 and 11 July, 10.00am – 2.00pm
qvm.com.au/whats-on. No bookings required
Enquiries: Tania Romano | firstname.lastname@example.org
0448 834 736 | (03) 9025 9574