The safety of our customers and traders is our priority and we will keep you updated as we work through the current COVID-19 situation in Victoria.
Queen Vic Market is OPEN for fresh produce, specialty shopping and great eats.
Come and rediscover Queen Victoria Market, shop locally and support our city’s small, family-run businesses. All areas of the Market are open but please note that specialty stalls are now located between J-M Sheds and String Bean Alley due to the current heritage restoration of C-D Sheds.
The Market is open from 6am on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. On Sundays, the Market is open from 9am. View our trading hours here.
Face masks are no longer required in any areas of the Market. You must, however, always carry a face mask with you at all times when you leave the home, unless you have a lawful reason not to. More info can be found here.
Things you need to know when shopping and visiting the Market:
- Enhanced measures on weekends – To maintain responsible social distancing and to help keep you comfortable, we will on occasions, limit the number of customers into our Meat & Fish Hall and Dairy Produce Hall on weekends (and other days where required). Please be patient and adhere to safe social distancing when queuing.
- Social distancing - Please adhere to the 1.5 metre guideline and maintain a safe distance between yourself and others at all times. We have increased signage, installed floor markings to assist customers and added extra staff to monitor the number of customers in the Market.
- Good hygiene – Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water or use one of the many hand sanitiser stations located throughout the Market. Please also make sure to cover your mouth and nose with your elbow when coughing or sneezing or use a tissue and discard immediately.
- Touching produce – Please limit the touching of fresh produce and ask our friendly traders for help.
- Extensive and additional cleaning – We have extra cleaning staff onsite and are conducting hospital-grade cleaning to ensure the safety of all our shoppers. We are employing both proactive and reactive measures to ensure that high traffic surfaces such as door handles, bench tops, ATM machines, handrails and bathrooms remain clean to minimise the spread of germs.
- Pack your own reusable bags - While we love looking out for the environment, it’s important to remember that bacteria and viruses can live on many surfaces. As a precaution we ask all customers to pack your own bags rather than hand your bag to traders.
- Use contactless payments where possible – Cash tends to be a carrier for a variety of germs and bacteria, so we encourage customers to make use of contactless card payments where possible.
- Food safety - All stallholders have adopted an increased vigilance with regard to food safety compliance. This is in addition to already existing requirements for traders to maintain high levels of sanitation for themselves and their stalls.
If you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, please look after yourself and the wider community by resting at home.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to download Queen Victoria Market’s COVIDSafe plan.