COVID-19 Update: We’re Open
Queen Vic Market is OPEN for fresh produce, specialty shopping and great eats.
Come and rediscover Queen Victoria Market, shop locally and support our city’s small, family-run businesses.
All areas of the Market are open but please note the following:
- Cafés and restaurants open for seated indoor and outdoor service.
- Specialty stalls are now located between A to F Sheds due to the heritage restoration of J-M Sheds.
- String Bean Alley will open on Sundays only.
Don’t forget that for those that want to shop early, the Market is open from 6am on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday. On Sundays, the Market is open from 9am.
Please note that our specialty shopping traders have the option to close one hour early on market days.
View our trading hours here.
Fitted face masks remain mandatory indoors unless an exemption applies. This includes all indoor areas of Queen Victoria Market such as in shops and stalls, in the Dairy Hall and Meat Hall as well as in public facilities and restrooms. The Victorian Government have confirmed that face masks are not required outdoors except where physical distancing cannot be maintained such as markets and other outdoor retail. The following guidelines apply to wearing face masks outdoors:
- Face masks are no longer required when you are outdoors and where it is possible to stay more than 1.5 metres away from people.
- Use of face masks remain mandatory if you are unable to stay further than 1.5 metres away from people not in your household, such as when waiting at public transport stations, outdoor markets, walkways and thoroughfares.
Please do the right thing and help to keep our community safe. More info can be found here.
Things you need to know when shopping and visiting the Market:
- Enhanced measures on weekends – To maintain responsible social distancing and to help keep you comfortable, we will on occasions, limit the number of customers into our Meat & Fish Hall and Dairy Produce Hall on weekends (and other days where required). Please be patient and adhere to safe social distancing when queuing.
- Social distancing - Please adhere to the 1.5 metre guideline and maintain a safe distance between yourself and others at all times. We have increased signage, installed floor markings to assist customers and added extra staff to monitor the number of customers in the Market.
- Good hygiene – Wash hands thoroughly with soap and water or use one of the many hand sanitiser stations located throughout the Market. Please also make sure to cover your mouth and nose with your elbow when coughing or sneezing or use a tissue and discard immediately.
- Touching produce – Please limit the touching of fresh produce and ask our friendly traders for help.
- Extensive and additional cleaning – We have extra cleaning staff onsite and are conducting hospital-grade cleaning to ensure the safety of all our shoppers. We are employing both proactive and reactive measures to ensure that high traffic surfaces such as door handles, bench tops, ATM machines, handrails and bathrooms remain clean to minimise the spread of germs.
- Pack your own reusable bags - While we love looking out for the environment, it’s important to remember that bacteria and viruses can live on many surfaces. As a precaution we ask all customers to pack your own bags rather than hand your bag to traders.
- Use contactless payments where possible – Cash tends to be a carrier for a variety of germs and bacteria, so we encourage customers to make use of contactless card payments where possible.
- Food safety - All stallholders have adopted an increased vigilance with regard to food safety compliance. This is in addition to already existing requirements for traders to maintain high levels of sanitation for themselves and their stalls.
If you are experiencing cold or flu-like symptoms, please look after yourself and the wider community by resting at home.
For more information please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org