Construction on the Market’s new Queen’s Food Hall is underway with the revitalised Food Hall expected to open this Spring!
More than just a place to grab a bite to eat between shopping, the new Food Hall will showcase Melbourne’s unrivalled foodie culture, complete with space for customers to relax and soak up the great market atmosphere.
There will be 8 fresh food and drink offers with a diverse range of cuisines, including Sri Lankan street food; Spanish tapas; traditional Malaysian; American BBQ; authentic Mexican food; a French patisserie; coffee and cocktails; and a sushi and oyster bar.
Looking for something to eat & drink?
While construction is underway the existing Food Court will be closed. Queen Victoria Market has plenty of food and drink options across the market, including in the Dairy Produce Hall, F Shed, Victoria Street, Elizabeth Street, Therry Street and String Bean Alley. A variety of food trucks can be found in the C and D Shed Centreway on Market days.
About the works
As part of the Queen Victoria Market Precinct Renewal Program, the new Food Hall that will be a centrepiece of the Market – contributing to the overall visitor experience and creating a welcoming and vibrant indoor dining destination, while improving connections to the rest of the Market.
As with any construction project, there will be short-term disruption and changes to the way you access the area. For your safety, please be patient and follow the signage, as well as instructions of traffic controllers. Construction will be occurring:
- 7:00am – 5:30pm Monday to Friday
- 7:00am – 3:30pm Saturday
The works area will be fenced off for the duration of construction and pedestrians will be diverted around the site. Please take note of signage on temporary fencing to assist with safe pedestrian access and be mindful of changed conditions.
There will be some changes to parking arrangements on Queen Street between 6:00am and 9:30am on Market days to enable operation of a trader loading zone in front of C to F Sheds.
Changed traffic conditions
- The east side of Queen Street in front of the current Food Court will be closed.
- Changed traffic conditions in Queen Street with all through traffic via the west side of Queen Street.
- Weekdays between 6:00am and –9:30am, market traders will load/unload in front of C to F Sheds. There will be a slightly different traffic route during these times.
- Construction vehicles will enter and exit the site from Queen Street.
- Traffic controllers will be on site as required to manage vehicle and pedestrian movements. For your safety, please be patient and follow the instructions of traffic controllers.
For construction updates and the latest works notifications, please visit the Queen Victoria Market Precinct Renewal website.