Calling All Cheese-Lovers
Queen Victoria Market will play host to the Holey Cheese Festival, a new event dedicated to all things cheese from Tuesday 23 October to Sunday 28 October. Celebrating the very best in cheese from Victoria and beyond, market-goers will be able to indulge in everything from goat’s cheese to Gouda, Camembert to cheddar, and raclette to Roquefort.
Visitors can weave their way through Deli Lane next to the Market’s famous Dairy Produce Hall to taste samples of the finest soft, hard, blue, white, fresh and aged rind cheese from a rotating line-up of Market traders and local producers.
Pick up some cheese to take home, then up the cheese ante with moreish bites from three ‘cheesy’ pop-ups:
• 400 Gradi will create an incredible 140-cheese pizza;
• Frencheese will serve their famous raclette fondue cheese; and
• That’s Amore Cheese will balance savoury and sweet with their traditional cannolis.
Market favourite Books for Cooks will set up shop in Deli Lane selling cheese-related cookbooks to provide even more cheese inspiration. And to quench your thirst, a bar will serve refreshing local brews from Coldstream Cider and Brick Lane Brewing Co, alongside wines from Mitchelton in Nagambie.
To round off the cheesy celebration, there will be cooking demonstrations throughout the week, roving entertainment on Tuesday and Thursday, and live music sets from Friday through to Sunday.
• When: Tuesday 23 October & Thursday 25 October – Sunday 28 October 2018
• Times: Tues 10am-2pm | Thurs 10am-2pm | Fri 10am-9pm | Sat 10am-9pm | Sun 10am-5pm
• Where: Queen Victoria Market
• Socials: @vicmarket | #holeycheesefestival